Mt. Olive accepts applications or resumes for open positions only, which are posted below.
Human Resources Clerk/Translator on Day Shift
This position will assist daily in clerical tasks within the Human Resources Department with emphasis on HR/Payroll, compliance and administrative support. Must be able to speak, read and write English and Spanish effectively in performance of job tasks. Candidate should have solid knowledge of employment laws and practices. Good problem-solving, multi-tasking, communication and a positive attitude are essential to success in this position. Candidate must be able work through interruptions. Associates degree in related field or minimum of 2 years’ experience in Human Resources, excellent computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Windows environment required. Experience with KRONOS preferred.
NC Works Job #10754868. Application deadline: October 18, 2017.
Maintenance Technicians on Third Shift
We have FOUR openings for this position. The Maintenance Technician will utilize knowledge of mechanical and electrical principles required to set up, troubleshoot, repair, replace, disassemble or overhaul a variety of complex production equipment. Individual will diagnose causes of equipment failures and make repairs to all equipment plant-wide. This job uses mathematics together with complicated equipment diagrams, specifications, charts, tables and various types of precision measuring equipment. Individual must be able to exert up to 50 pounds of force. Career Readiness Certificate is a strong preference and related work experience is required.
NC Works Job #10752587. Application deadline: October 14, 2017.
Maintenance Supervisor on Night Shift
The Maintenance Supervisor plans, monitors and controls the planning, installation, mechanical maintenance (including preventive maintenance & DIN program) and repair of all production and related equipment in an efficient and economical manner that meets quality standards and facilitates production schedules. This position reports to the Maintenance Manager.
- Ensure proper selection, training, evaluation, and discipline of and communication with employees.
- Coordinate work activities with other departments of Company.
- Maintain areas of operation in a safe and sanitary manner. Preserve, make effective use of and make recommendations on physical assets. Determine that established safety rules, company policy and good housekeeping are followed.
- Accountable for results in terms of costs, budgets, methods, safety, quantity and quality of production, operations and personnel.
- The maintenance Supervisor also has the responsibilities outlined in “General Management Responsibilities of the Supervisor”.
The Maintenance Supervisor will also be responsible for:
- Supervising activities of maintenance as assigned. Assign work to employees & do adequate follow-up to be sure assignments are done correctly & completed as requested.
- Make sure any mechanical shutdown situation is handled as quickly & correctly as possible, using established DIN procedures.
- Supervise execution of predictive maintenance and preventive maintenance work as scheduled. Works with operations to reduce downtime and improve equipment throughput.
- Work closely with supervisors in production departments to help solve problems & make needed equipment improvements.
- Maintain good employee morale, enforce company policy, maintain accurate records, check & sign employee time tickets, train employees, & implement good housekeeping practices.
- Requires technical or specialized training or education in mechanical maintenance equal to 2 years college or technical school.
- Requires willingness to undertake additional training to maintain or improve skills as mechanical and production processes and programs change.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills.
- Five to seven years experience in mechanical processes and tools.
- Good working knowledge of production processes and equipment.
- Working knowledge of applicable laws, rules and regulations (federal, state, EEOC, ESC, FDA, EPA, OSHA, etc.).
- Must be familiar with world class maintenance practices and reliability centered maintenance as well as Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS).
- Ability to lead maintenance personnel in proactive maintenance techniques and PM optimization.
- Experience developing maintenance plans for individual assets.
- Ability to prioritize work and complete work effectively.
- Must demonstrate aptitude to manage people, set example by own conduct and work habits, make prompt and competent decisions, use authority wisely and maintain discipline, morale and teamwork at high standard.
- Long workdays and extended work weeks required.
NC Works Job #10750633. Application deadline: October 13, 2017.
Completed applications and resumes can also be mailed to:
Mt. Olive Pickle Human Resources Department
P.O. Box 609
Mount Olive, NC 28365
As part of our normal hiring process we will conduct the following: drug screen, criminal background check, reference check, and employment history verification. Failure to successfully complete any of these will result in the offer of employment being withdrawn. New hires will also be subject to verification of Social Security Number and immigration status. Mt. Olive Pickle Co., Inc. is an Affirmative Action /Equal Employment Opportunity Employer including Veterans and Disabilities.
What Our Customers Are Saying
No more Vlassics in my fridge, as a pickle lover I assure you they have the best product in stores! I love them, not just pickles all of their products are amazing!
Thank you for your Simply Pickles line of products my wife brought some home and I instantly noted the positive difference from other pickles in the fridge. Thank you for deciding to leave out the yellow 5.
The best pickle in America, hands down. From bread and butter to Jalapeño, you can’t go wrong with the consistent quality that Mt. Olive is able to provide. They were a staple of my house as a child, and I am now raising my own children on them. Hands down, Mt. Olive is where it’s at if you’re a pickle or pepper fan!