Mt. Olive Pickle’s Response to COVID-19
The coronavirus pandemic is changing the way we live and work, but one thing that will never change is the quality, care and standards you’ve come to expect from Mt. Olive Pickle. The health and wellbeing of our team members is and will continue to be our number one priority throughout this crisis. We wanted to take this opportunity to outline some of the ways Mt. Olive is taking care of our team members, their families, and the community.
With the World Health Organization’s declaration of COVID-19 as a pandemic, we aggressively acted to protect our team members. We established rigorous health screening protocols in our facilities. We put into place a process for testing, self-reporting and quarantine with pay and benefits, as well as a plan for team members to safely return to work. We are following, and at times we exceed, the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control and our local health authorities, and we continue to evaluate and implement additional safeguards in our facilities as we learn more about COVID-19.
Among the many measures and best practices we’ve launched since March:
- Daily no-touch temperature checks and health screens at employee entrances
- Restricting visitor access
- Enhancing efforts to clean and sanitize production and common areas
- Providing and requiring the use of protective face coverings on-site
- Sending face masks home to families
- Providing as much physical distancing as feasible in our production and distribution facilities by creating additional breakroom space, staggering break times and erecting protective dividers in break areas and production workspaces.
- Using video and phone conferencing for internal meetings
- Communicating daily with team members, urging them to follow best practices to keep themselves, their coworkers and their families safe and healthy.
In these extraordinary times, and in the face of significantly increased demand, our team members have risen to the challenge of ensuring our customers and consumers continue to receive safe, quality food products. We are proud of them and the job they do every day. We will do everything in our power to keep them safe.