These Jalapeno Cornbread Muffins will be sure to please you and your guests at any meal. Mt. Olive Jalapeno Slices give these muffins just the right zing, while the cheddar cheese will provide a perfect balance. Easy to make and delicious. Try some tonight!
Jalapeno Cheddar Cornbread Muffins
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- 12 Muffins
- Difficulty Level Intermediate
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 1 Cup Buttermilk
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 Cup Honey
- 1 Cup Cornmeal
- 1 Cup Flour
- 2 Tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/2 Tsp. Salt
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Cup Mt. Olive Jalapeno Slices
- 3 Oz. Cream Cheese, Cut Into Cubes
- 1/4 Cup Mt. Olive Jalapeno Slices for Topping
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Mix buttermilk, butter, eggs, honey together in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix the cornmeal, flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry, combining well.
- Mix the shredded cheddar cheese and Mt. Olive Jalapeno peppers into the batter.
- Pour batter into greased muffin tins, filling up all 12 if possible.
- Push 2 Jalapeno slices into the top of each muffin.
- Place into the oven to bake for 15-20 minutes, until the middles come out clean on a toothpick.
- Let cool and serve.