2 chicken breasts, cut into 1 ½ inch chunks
1 ½ cups Mt. Olive Pickle Juicer
1 ½ cups buttermilk
4 cups vegetable oil
1 cups all purpose flour
1 Tbsp. cornstarch
½ Tbsp. black pepper
½ tsp. kosher salt
20-24 mini waffles, toasted
As Needed, honey
As Needed, Mt. Olive Munchies Bread and Butter Chips
- Add the chicken and Pickle Juicers to a large bowl. Submerge the chicken in the pickle juice and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the pickle juice then submerge them in a bowl with the buttermilk. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Add the vegetable oil to a pot and heat it to 345˚F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cornstarch, black pepper, and salt.
- Remove the chicken from the buttermilk, allowing any excess buttermilk to drip off. Dredge the chicken in the flour mixture until it is completely coated.
- Add the chicken to the hot oil and cook for 3-4 minutes until golden brown and it reaches an internal temperature of 165˚F.
- Remove the chicken from the oil and allow them to drain and cool on a wire rack lined with paper towels.
- Toast mini waffles per package instructions.
- Place one piece of chicken onto half of the mini waffles. Drizzle honey on top and top with Bread and Butter Chips. Sandwich the remaining mini waffles on top. Enjoy!
Course: Main Dish