0/5 (0 Reviews)
Pickle Corn Dog
- Difficulty Level Intermediate
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 6 Mt. Olive Kosher Dills
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- ⅔ cup Cornmeal
- 2 tbsp Granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 1 Large Egg
- Vegetable Oil, for frying
- Ketchup, for serving
- Yellow Mustard, for serving
- Pat the Kosher Dills dry with paper towels then skewer each pickle onto a wooden skewer.
- Pour the flour into a dish. Set it aside for later.
- Add the cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda to a bowl. Mix with a whisk until the ingredients are evenly distributed.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the buttermilk and the egg. Pour it into the bowl of dry ingredients and mix everything together until combined. Transfer the batter into a tall glass.
- Fill a pot with vegetable oil so that it is about 4 inches deep. Heat it to 375˚F.
- Roll each pickle in the flour so that it is completely covered. Dip the pickle into the batter then gently lower it into the pot of oil. Fry the corn dogs for about 3-5 minutes or until they turn golden brown.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove them from the oil and place them onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Drizzle ketchup and mustard on top and enjoy!