¼ cup butter
6 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbsp flour
1 cup whole milk
2 Tbsp chopped fresh dill
¾ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
3 Tbsp cream cheese, softened
¼ cup Pickle Juicers (or any kosher dill or dill pickle juice)
Mt. Olive Hamburger Dill Chips
6 oz fresh mozzarella cheese, torn
4 oz freshly grated mozzarella cheese
2 oz freshly grated parmesan cheese
Your favorite store bought pizza dough, or:
Dough Recipe adapted from Brian Lagerstrom https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqVgJHThsco
• 450g or 1 3/4-2 C water (78F/25C)
• 8g or 2 rounded tsp instant yeast
• 640g or 5 1/8C AP flour (11.7% protein)
• 18g or 3tsp salt
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Once foaming, add the garlic and stir until fragrant.
- Sprinkle flour over garlic and stir. Cook 2-3 minutes or until starting to brown.
- Pour in milk and stir. Bring to a simmer then reduce heat to low. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Stir in fresh dill, pickle juice, parmesan cheese and cream cheese. Stir until melted.
- Remove from heat and set aside to further thicken and cool.
- Once sauce is room temperature, spread an even layer over prepared pizza crust with the back of a spoon, leaving a 1” crust around the edges.
- Top with cheeses and pickle slices to your liking.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Preheat oven to 550°F and place pizza stone directly on oven floor.
- Jiggle the pizza peel to be sure the dough isn't stuck before loading the pizza onto pizza stone on the bottom of the oven (sprinkled with cornmeal). As soon as pizza is loaded, turn off the heat and turn on the broiler on high.
- After 4-5 min, check the bottom of your pizza. It should be browning and well set up. Transfer pizza from the stone to top oven rack about 6" below broiler.
- Keep an eye on the pizza and rotate after about 30 seconds. After about 1 minute of cooking, pizza should be nicely charred and ready to eat!
- DOUGH METHOD: If not using store bought dough: Measure water, yeast, flour, and salt into medium bowl. Stir to combine. When dough pulls together into a shaggy ball, mix for 1-2 mins with a wet hand, pinching the dough as you turn the bowl. Cover bowl and let sit at room temp for 30 mins. After 30 mins, proceed with strength building folds by pulling up each corner and folding over on itself, then round the dough into more of a ball with a slap and fold method. Cover and let sit at room temperature for another 30 mins. After that 30 mins, divide dough into 4 equal pieces. Fold & roll each into smooth taught balls with a closed seam at the bottom. Add each ball to a well-oiled bowl, cover and refrigerate to ferment for 12 hours to 3 days (3 days preferred). When ready to bake, allow dough to come to room temp (for about an hour). Place dough ball on floured surface. Dust top of ball with flour. Flip and dust again. Use fingertips and back of hand to form the dough into a flat round that's thin in the center, leaving about a 1" border of crust around the edges. When the dough reaches 8-9" round, finish shaping by pulling and stretching. Finished dough should be about 12" round. Flour peel with cornmeal, then place shaped dough on peel to begin building pizza.
Ready in: 20
Course: Main Dish
Submit your review