FOR THE SWEET & SPICY JALAPENO SYRUP:
10 Mt. Olive Sweet Heat Jalapenos
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
1 cup Water
FOR THE SPICY PALOMA:
2 oz. Sweet & Spicy Jalapeno Syrup
1 oz. Fresh Lime Juice
6 oz. Grapefruit Juice
4 oz. Silver Tequila
Splash of Grapefruit Soda Water
Kosher Salt Rim, as needed
2 Roasted or Fresh Grapefruit Slices, one per glass
4 – 6 Sweet Heat Jalapenos, 2 – 3 per glass
- MAKE THE SWEET & SPICY JALAPENO SYRUP:
- Add the Mt. Olive Sweet Heat jalapenos, brown sugar and water to a saucepot over medium heat. Stir and bring to a boil. Once the sugar has melted, turn off the heat and set the saucepot on a different burner.
- Allow the jalapenos to steep for 10 minutes and then strain the syrup into a separate jar or container.
- Discard the jalapenos. Allow the syrup to cool completely before adding to cocktails.
- RIM THE COCKTAIL GLASSES:
- Grab a wedge of grapefruit to moisten the rim and then dip the top of the glass onto a plate of kosher salt. Add as much or as little salt as you prefer.
- SHAKE UP THE SPICY PALOMA:
- Fill a large cocktail shaker with a handful of ice. Add the sweet & spicy jalapeno syrup, lime juice, grapefruit juice and tequila to the shaker.
- Shake to cool down. Pour your desired amount of ice into the rimmed cocktail glasses and divide evenly with the cocktail mixture.
- Add a splash of the grapefruit soda water and top with your desired garnishes. Enjoy immediately.
Ready in: 10