Have you ever tried a Veggie Burger? We like ours with extra pickles! Our veggie burger recipe features a blend of quinoa and brown rice.
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Intermediate
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- ½ cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup crimini mushrooms, finely chopped
- 2 carrots peeled and finely chopped
- ¼ onion, minced
- 1 egg
- ½ cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- 2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- Burger buns
- Mt. Olive Roasted Red Peppers
- Mt Olive. Bread & Butter Chips
- Saute the mushrooms, carrots and onion until nice and soft then take off the heat.
- Place into a food processor along with egg, bread crumbs, paprika, salt, pepper, worcestershire sauce, oregano.
- Pulse until it folds together into almost a ball then stop. Just a few times.
- Form into patties.
- Cook in the skillet (medium to medium-high) for 5 minutes on each side until the outside is nice and crispy.
- Place down lettuce and then burger on bun. Top that with your desired toppings. We suggest roasted red peppers, and bread and butter chips. Add ketchup and mustard if desired.