1/3 cup fresh lime juice
3 oz (or 6 tbsp) triple sec
3 oz (or 6 tbsp) water
3 oz tequila
½ tbsp Mt. Olive Jalapeno Slices
1 tsp juice from jalapeno jar
Optional: agave to taste
SWEET AND SPICY RIM
1 tbsp coarse salt
1 tbsp sugar
½ tsp cayenne pepper
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle the jalapenos.
- Add the jalapeno juice, lime juice, triple sec, water, and tequila to the shaker, along with a handful of ice, and shake.
- Taste and add agave if desired, shake again if added.
- Prepare your rim by combining the ingredients together and mixing well, using a lime wedge, wet the edge of your glass, and then dip in the mixture. Tip: hold glass upside down so the juice from the lime doesn’t run down the glass to get an even line.
- Fill a cup with ice, and strain your margarita into the glass. Optional: use a mesh strainer if you don’t want little pieces of jalapeno in your drink. You can add whole ones for garnish.
Ready in: 5