1 onion, diced
1 lb 80% lean ground beef
6 slices American cheese
1 lb egg roll wraps (you won’t use all of them)
Mt. Olive Kosher Baby Dill Pickles, diced
50/50 ketchup & mayo sauce (half ketchup, half mayo mixture)
- In a cast iron pan over medium-high heat, add oil then sauté onions until caramelized. Add beef and season with seasoned salt. Cook until almost browned all the way through.
- Layer cheese over top and let melt a bit. Stir cheese into beef and onion mixture until melted completely and evenly distributed.
- Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Working one at a time, lay an egg roll wrap flat and with one corner pointing directly back at you. Add a little bit of 50/50 sauce in the center of the egg roll.
- Add beef and cheese mixture. Top with diced pickles.
- Take the corner nearest to you and roll it over top the filling. Fold in the sides, lightly wet the remaining edges of wrap with water, then finish rolling egg roll. Be sure not to overstuff your egg rolls, as they’re more likely to break open when frying.
- Heat oil in a pan between 350º to 375ºF. Maintain this range while frying.
- Working four or five egg rolls at a time (don’t overcrowd the pan), fry for ~2 minutes per side or until golden-brown. Remove from oil and drain.
- Serve immediately with more 50/50 sauce for dipping. Enjoy!
Ready in: 35
Course: Appetizer Side Dish Snack
This recipe was created by Hangry In Love! https://hangryinlove.com/food-recipes/cheeseburger-egg-rolls/