0/5 (0 Reviews)
- Difficulty Level Intermediate
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 2 Pouches Mt. Olive Munchies Kosher Baby Dill Pickles
- 2 (14oz) Boxes of Pie Crust Dough
- 1 Large Egg
- ½ tbsp Milk
- 4 oz Cream Cheese, at room temperature
- ½ cup Heavy Cream
- 1 tbsp Sliced Green Onions
- ½ tsp Chopped Dill
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- As Needed, Sriracha
- ¼ cup Sliced Almonds
- 1 tbsp Chopped Chives
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set it aside for later.
- Remove the Kosher Baby Dill Pickles from the pouch and pat them dry with paper towels.
- Unroll the pie crusts and cut them into small rectangles. Wrap each pickle with one rectangle of pie crust, pressing the dough onto the pickle so that it is completely covered. You can use the pie scraps to fill any gaps. Place the wrapped pickles onto the lined baking sheet.
- Use the back of a paring knife to press three lines into the middle of the pickle. This will make them resemble the wrinkles on a finger knuckle.
- Crack the egg into a small bowl. Beat the egg with a whisk then mix in the milk. Use a pastry brush to brush the egg wash onto the pie crust of the pickles.
- Place the pickles into the oven to bake for about 15-25 minutes or until the pie crust turns golden brown.
- As the pickles bake, place the cream cheese into a medium sized bowl. Use an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment to beat the cream cheese until it is smooth and creamy.
- While the mixer is on low speed, pour in the heavy cream and mix until incorporated. Then add in the green onions, chives, dill, and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- When the pickles are done, remove them from the oven and allow them to cool for about 5 minutes.
- Squeeze a pea-sized amount of sriracha onto one end of the pickle. Press a sliced almond onto the sriracha with the pointed end facing out. Repeat this step for the remaining pickles.
- Serve the pickles with the herbed cream cheese dip. Enjoy!