0/5 (0 Reviews)
Fried Pickle Burgers
- Difficulty Level Intermediate
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 2 lbs ground sirloin
- 2 Tbsp A1 sauce
- 1 tbsp worcestershire sauce
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tbsp salt
- vegetable oil, for frying
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 36 (about 2 packages) Mt. Olive Munchies Buffalo Chips
- ½ cups flour
- 1 ½ cups cornmeal
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp cayenne
- 6 burger buns
- 6 slices American cheese
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1 large globe tomato, sliced
- 6 butter lettuce leaves
- In a large bowl, add in the breadcrumbs, ground sirloin, A1 sauce, Worcestershire sauce, eggs, and salt. Gently mix the ingredients together until combined. Evenly divide the meat into 6 portions. Form each portion into the shape of a burger patty. Set the patties aside to rest in the fridge.
- Heat a pan filled with about 1-inch of vegetable oil over medium high heat to 375˚F.
- While the oil heats, pat the Munchies Buffalo Chips dry with paper towels.
- Pour the flour, cornmeal, pepper, and cayenne into a shallow dish. Mix until the ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Pour the buttermilk into a separate bowl. Dip each pickle.
- After dipping, place the pickle chips into the flour mixture. Completely coat the pickle chips with the flour. Dust off any excess dry ingredients. Repeat these steps with the remaining pickle chips .
- Working in batches, add the coated pickle chips to the hot oil. Fry for about 2 minutes or until golden brown. Remove the pickles from the oil and allow them to drain on paper towels.
- Heat the grill to a high heat. Add the prepared burger patties and cook them to the desired level of doneness, flipping every 5 minutes. Remove the burgers from the grill.
- Assemble the burgers on the buns with American cheese, sliced red onion, sliced tomatoes, and lettuce. Top with the fried pickles and enjoy!