1 Jar Mt. Olive Pickle Chips (You can use dill or bread & butter)
1 ½ cups All-Purpose Flour
1 ½ cups Buttermilk
2 ½ cups Panko Breadcrumbs
1 tsp Kosher Salt
1 tsp Black Pepper
1 tsp Onion Powder
1 tsp Garlic Powder
2-3 quarts Vegetable Oil, for Frying
- Remove the pickles from the jar and pat them dry with paper towels.
- Pour the flour, buttermilk, and panko into separate shallow dishes.
- Add the salt, black pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder to the flour. Mix until the ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Pour the oil into a pot and heat it over medium high heat. Heat the oil to 350˚F.
- While the oil heats, dredge a few of the pickle chips in the flour and shake off any excess. Then drop them into the buttermilk, making sure that it absorbs the flour. Allow any excess buttermilk to drip off.
- Place the pickles into the panko dish and make sure that the breadcrumbs fully coat them.
- When the oil reaches the proper temperature, gently drop the breaded pickles into the oil and fry them for about 2-4 minutes or until they turn golden brown. Use a slotted spoon to remove them from the oil and allow them to drain on a baking sheet lined with paper towels. Sprinkle with salt and enjoy!
Course: Appetizer Side Dish Snack
Submit your review