1 tbsp olive oil
2 cans black eyed peas
½ yellow onion, diced
½ cup Mt. Olive jalapeno slices
2 roma tomatoes
1 Mt. Olive Pickle Juicer (about ¼ cup pickle juice)
½ cup water
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
Fresh cilantro to taste
- Dice your onion and chop your Mt. Olive Jalapenos (or use Mt. Olive Diced Jalapenos)
- Add chopped onion and jalapenos to a small pot on the stove along with olive oil on medium-low. Cook until they start to soften (about 3-4 minutes).
- Drain and rinse your black eyed peas, add them to the pot.
- Pour in your pickle juice, water, salt and pepper. Stir to combine and bring to a boil on medium.
- Once boiling, cover pot and reduce to a simmer, cook for 20 minutes.
- While cooking, dice your tomatoes (remove seeds) and chop your cilantro.
- Once pea mixture is done cooking (peas should be tender), remove from heat and stir in your tomatoes and cilantro to serve.
Ready in: 25
Course: Main Dish Side Dish