These tasty Pulled Pork Sliders are slow cooked to perfection!
Pulled Pork Sliders
- Difficulty Level Intermediate
- (5 /5)
- 1 rating
- 8lbs Pork Shoulder
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 5 yellow onions Pat your pork shoulder dry with a paper towel
- Slider buns
- Mt. Olive Kosher Dill Pickle Chips
- Pat your pork shoulder dry with a paper towel.
- Mix together the olive oil and seasonings in a small bowl, so it turns into a paste like consistency, taste and adjust mixture to fit your liking.
- Rub mixture all over the pork.
- Cover the pork in plastic and place in the refrigerator to marinate. This can be done overnight or as little as 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 285F and set a rack in the middle.
- Halve onions and place on the bottom of a dutch oven or roasting tray (using a dutch oven will speed up the cooking process).
- Place the marinated pork on top of the onions and place in the oven.
- Cook the pork for 8 hours and check for tenderness, when ready the pork should easily shred off.
- If it's not ready place back in the oven for another hour and check again.
- Once finished cooking shred with two forks then mix in your favorite barbeque sauce and some of the onions.
- Then enjoy with a side of Mt. Olive Pickles! You can also top with your favorite slaw for extra crunch!