Roast Beef Sandwich-Sushi
Revamp your favorite roast beef sandwich by serving it sushi-style! We call it Roast Beef Sandwich-Sushi! This recipe features pan-fried crispy rice cakes topped thinly sliced roast beef and drizzled with a horseradish cream sauce.
FOR THE CRISPY RICE CAKES:
• 1-3/4 cups Water
• ¼ Rice Vinegar
• 2 cup Short Grain Rice
• 1 tsp. Kosher Salt
• 2 tsp. Granulated Sugar
• Avocado Oil, as needed for frying
FOR THE HORSERADISH CREAM SAUCE:
• ½ cup 4% Greek Yogurt (or Sour Cream)
• ¼ cup Mayonnaise
• 1 tbsp. Stone Ground Dijon Mustard
• 2 tbsp. Horseradish
• 1 tbsp. Chopped Chives
• 1 tbsp. Chopped Italian Parsley
• Kosher Salt, to taste
FOR THE PICKLE SUSHI:
• ½ lb. Thinly Sliced Roast Beef
• Mt. Olive Dill Pickle Chips, as needed
• Chopped Italian Parsley, as needed
- Rinse the rice in cold water in a large fine mesh strainer for 1 - 2 minutes. Or until the water runs clear. Drain well.
- Bring water and rice vinegar to a boil in a large stockpot. Carefully add the rinsed rice, sugar and salt and cook according to the packaged directions. About 20 minutes, or until the liquid is absorbed.
- While the rice is cooking, whisk together all ingredients for the horseradish cream sauce. Set the mixed sauce in the fridge until you’re ready to serve.
- Allow the rice to cool so it’s easy to handle. Place plastic wrap along the bottom of a square casserole dish. Pour rice into the dish and cover with another piece of plastic wrap. Press until evenly flat, the rice should be in a square shape. Freeze for 45 minutes.
- Carefully lift the semi-frozen rice out of the casserole dish and cut into 8 squares.
- Heat avocado oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Shallow pan-fry the rice squares on each side until browned and crispy. Drain on a plate lined with a couple paper towels. Depending on the size of your pan, you may have to work in batches.
- While the rice cakes are still warm, top with a heavy drizzle of horseradish cream, thinly sliced roast beef, pickle chips and Italian parsley. Enjoy immediately.
Ready in: 80
Course: Appetizer Main Dish Snack