5 Medium chicken breasts
1 jar Mt. Olive Italian Seasoned Mild Banana Pepper Rings
½ cup olive oil
¼ cup red wine vinegar
1 tsp basil
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp salt
½ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp pepper
½ tsp crushed red pepper
Shredded Mozzarella and grated Parmesan to taste
- Place the chicken breasts in a Ziploc bag.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, red wine vinegar, all spices, and 2 tbsp of juice from your banana pepper jar.
- Pour over the chicken and refrigerate for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- Remove chicken from fridge, transfer to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, and cover chicken breasts with banana pepper rings to taste.
- Bake at 400F for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle Mozzarella and Parmesan, return to the oven for 10 more minutes, or until cheese melts and starts to brown, and chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from oven and serve.
Course: Main Dish