0/5 (0 Reviews)
Jalapeno Cornbread Stuffing
- Difficulty Level Intermediate
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 1 loaf Jalapeno Cornbread per this recipe: https://www.mtolivepickles.com/recipe-items/jalapeno-cornbread/
- 1 lb sausage of your choice, removed from casing (we used apple sausage. Italian, bratwurst, or even breakfast sausage would all be great!)
- 4 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch fresh sage, chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- ¼ cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Crumble cornbread onto a baking sheet and lightly mist with cooking spray. Bake cornbread crumbles until dried out and some corners are browned, about 10 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside to cool. (Alternatively, you could crumble the cornbread and leave out on the counter overnight to try out.)
- In a large skillet over high heat, add 1 tbsp olive oil and sausage. Stir until browned and most cooked through, about 8 minutes. Remove from pan with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Add celery and onion to the skillet and cook until starting to soften, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and sage, and cook for an additional two minutes, until fragrant and starting to brown. Remove vegetables from the pan and add to the sausage.
- Grease a large baking dish with cooking spray or softened butter. Combine cornbread, sausage, and vegetables in baking dish, tossing to evenly distribute.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg and milk together until smooth and pour over the stuffing.
- Bake until starting to brown around the edges and evenly cooked through, about 35 minutes.
Products Featured In This Recipe
Requires 1 loaf Jalapeno Cornbread: https://www.mtolivepickles.com/recipe-items/jalapeno-cornbread/