INGREDIENTS FOR THE STEAK + MARINADE:
1.5 lb. Flank Steak, sliced thin
½ Yellow Onion, minced
2 tbsp. Olive Oil
¼ cup Liquid Aminos (or low sodium soy sauce)
Juice of ½ Lime
2 tbsp. Brown Sugar
1 tbsp. Garlic Powder
2 tsp. Smoked Paprika
1 tbsp. Cumin
1 tsp. Chili Powder
1 tsp. Onion Powder
1 tsp. Salt
INGREDIENTS FOR AVOCADO CREMA:
½ cup Mexican Crema
¼ cup Mayonnaise
Juice of ½ Lime
½ tsp. Garlic Powder
Pinch of Salt, to taste
INGREDIENTS FOR THE BURRITOS:
8 – 10 Burrito-Sized Tortillas
3 cups Monterey Jack, shredded
28 oz. Bag Frozen French Fries
1 jar Mt. Olive Marinated Roasted Peppers, chopped
½ cup Drained Mt. Olive Sliced Pepperoncinis
¼ cup Drained Mt. Olive Sweet Heat Jalapeno Slices
4 tbsp. Chopped Cilantro
3 tbsp. Chopped Green Onions
- Place meat and all marinade ingredients in a large bowl or sealable plastic bag. Mix to coat. Marinate for a minimum of 1 hour, or up to 4 hours.
- Bake the French fries according to package directions.
- While the fries bake, smash the avocado flesh, and gently mix with the remaining crema ingredients. Cover and set in the refrigerator until you’re ready to assemble the burritos.
- Cook the meat to desired temperature. This can be done in a large cast iron skillet on the stove or grill over medium heat.
- To assemble, warm the tortillas and then add a layer of sliced steak, cheese, French fries, Mt. Olive Peppers, a spoonful of the Avocado Crema, a sprinkle of cilantro and green onions. Fold into a burrito shape.
- Repeat until all tortillas have been used. If desired, sear the exterior tortilla of each burrito in a frying pan until browned. Enjoy immediately.
Ready in: 90
Course: Main Dish