Pickled Deviled Eggs
This creative and tasty recipe and photo are shared with permission by Foodie Bloggers Hangry In Love. Pickled Deviled Eggs
Mt Olive Pickles
Average rating: 0 reviews
18 large eggs
4 cans of sliced beets
2 cups apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 tsp ground clove
1 Tbsp crushed red pepper flakes
18 pickled eggs
1 tsp horseradish
3 Tbsp mayonnaise
1 Tbsp yellow mustard
1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
OLD BAY SHRIMP
18 small shrimp
Old Bay Seasoning
PICKLED DEVILED EGGS BUILD
36 pickled egg halves
18 Old Bay Shrimp
Mt. Olive Jalapeno Slices
- Pickled Eggs
- Boil eggs for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and peel shells off. Place warm, peeled eggs in a large glass jar.
- In a medium sauce pan combine beet juice, vinegar, sugar, clove, and crushed red pepper. Bring to a simmer. Add sliced beets into pickling liquid. Simmer 10 minutes.
- Pour pickling liquid and beets over eggs. Allow to cool for about 2 hours before moving to fridge. Refrigerate for 3-4 days to allow pickling liquid to make its way completely into the egg.
- Yolk Mixture
- Remove eggs from pickling liquid and slice each egg in half lengthwise. Place all egg yolks In a medium sized bowl. Using a fork, break up the yolks so they are fluffy and no large clumps remain.
- Add mayo, horseradish, mustard, and vinegar to egg yolks. Stir until smooth and well-combined.
- Old Bay Shrimp
- Add 2 Tbsp Old Bay Seasoning to a small pot of water. Boil shrimp for 2 minutes. Strain and set aside.
- Pickled Deviled Eggs Build
- Equally divide all yolk mixture between egg halves.
- Top half of the eggs with small shrimp and the other half with a pickled jalapeño.
- Lightly dust all eggs with smoked paprika. Serve immediately or refrigerate up to 1 week.
Course: Appetizer Side Dish Snack