0/5 (0 Reviews)
Empanada Jalapeno Poppers
- Difficulty Level Intermediate
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 1 cup grated Cheddar Cheese
- 8 oz Cream Cheese, at room temperature
- ½ cup chopped Mt. Olive Sweet Heat Japapeños
- 1 (10 disc) package of Empanada Discs
- 1 Large Egg, beaten
- As Needed, Mt. Olive Medium Pickle Salsa, for dipping
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set it aside for later.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cheddar cheese, cream cheese, and Sweet Heat Japapeños. Mix until combined.
- Dollop about a tablespoon of the mixture onto the center of each empanada disc.
- Use a pastry brush to coat the edges of the disc with the beaten egg. Fold one side of the disc over the other. Crimp and seal the edges by pressing the tines of a fork into the disc. Brush the tops of the empanadas with the beaten egg.
- Optional, top each empanada with one Sweet Heat Jalapeno before baking.
- Arrange the empanadas onto the prepared baking sheet, spacing them about 1 inch apart.
- Bake them in the oven at 350˚F for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with Mt. Olive Pickle Salsa for dipping, and enjoy!