2 cups all purpose flour
2 tbsp granulated sugar
4 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp cayenne pepper
½ cup cold butter, cubed
½ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
½ cup chopped Mt. Olive Kosher Dills
¾ cup buttermilk
- Preheat the oven to 325˚F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set it aside for later.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cayenne. Mix until the ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Add in the cold butter and cut it into the flour until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Mix in the cheddar cheese and chopped Kosher Dills.
- Pour in the buttermilk and mix just until the dough comes together.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured. Pat the dough down until it reaches 1-inch thickness.
- Use a biscuit cutter, 2 ½ inches in diameter, to punch out the biscuits.
- Place the biscuits onto the prepared baking sheet and bake for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Enjoy!
Ready in: 35
Course: Appetizer Side Dish Snack
Submit your review