6 Slices Thick Cut Bacon, chopped into ½” pieces
1 Cup Shredded Russet Potato
1/2 Cup Sliced Celery
1/2 Cup Shredded Carrot
1/2 Cup Thin Sliced Onion
1 QT Chicken Stock
6 oz Mt. Olive Pickle Juicer Kosher Dill Brine
1 Cup Water
1 Cup Mt. Olive Kosher Baby Dills, chopped
1 Cup Whole Milk
4 Tbsp Cornstarch
8 oz freshly grated sharp cheddar cheese
2 Tbsp Fresh Dill
1/2 Tsp White Pepper
Salt to taste
Cooked bacon bits, croutons, fresh dill
- In a large stockpot over medium high heat, cook bacon until crispy. Remove bacon and set aside, saving rendered bacon fat in pot.
- Add Potato, celery, onion, and carrot to pot. Saute until softened.
- Add chicken stock, pickle juice, water and chopped pickles, bring to boil.
- In a small bowl, make slurry from milk and cornstarch. Stir well to break down any lumps.
- Add slurry, cheese, fresh dill, half the reserved bacon and white pepper. Turn down heat to a simmer. Simmer 5 to 10 minutes while stirring, until soup thickens.
- Garnish with croutons, bacon pieces and fresh dill
Ready in: 37