3 lb. rump or chuck roast
2 tablespoons olive or canola oil
Salt & Pepper
1 14 oz. can beef broth
1 14 oz. can French onion soup
1 12 oz. jar Mt. Olive Sliced Pepperoncini, drained
1 teaspoon oregano
Mt. Olive Sweet n Hot Salad Peppers, optional
Sub buns (the firmer the better)
Provolone cheese slices
Substitute the following Mt. Olive Pickle products in this recipe: 1 12 oz. Mt. Olive Pepperoncini, coarsely chopped
- Salt and pepper both sides of roast.
- Heat oil in heavy cast iron pan or skillet over high heat.
- Brown roast on an all sides until lightly seared (about one minute per side)
- Place meat in crock pot.
- Add broth, soup, pepperoncini and oregano.
- Cook in crock pot until meat will shred with a fork. (On high, seven hours, on low, 10 hours)
- Toast sub buns open-faced.
- Fork beef onto toasted bread.
- Top with cheese slices, and toast again until cheese is melted.
- Garnish with Mt. Olive Sweet n Hot Salad Peppers, if desired.
Course: Main Dish
Submit your review