Italian Beef Sandwiches
- (5 /5)
- 1 rating
- 3 lb. rump or chuck roast
- 2 tablespoons olive or canola oil
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 14 oz. can beef broth
- 1 14 oz. can French onion soup
- 1 12 oz. jar Mt. Olive Sliced Pepperoncini, drained
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Mt. Olive Sweet n Hot Salad Peppers, optional
- Sub buns (the firmer the better)
- Provolone cheese slices
- Substitute the following Mt. Olive Pickle products in this recipe: 1 12 oz. Mt. Olive Pepperoncini, coarsely chopped
- Salt and pepper both sides of roast.
- Heat oil in heavy cast iron pan or skillet over high heat.
- Brown roast on an all sides until lightly seared (about one minute per side)
- Place meat in crock pot.
- Add broth, soup, pepperoncini and oregano.
- Cook in crock pot until meat will shred with a fork. (On high, seven hours, on low, 10 hours)
- Toast sub buns open-faced.
- Fork beef onto toasted bread.
- Top with cheese slices, and toast again until cheese is melted.
- Garnish with Mt. Olive Sweet n Hot Salad Peppers, if desired.
Mt. Olive Products
- Chipotle Bread & Butter Chips
- Diced Jalapeno Peppers
- Fresh Pack Dill Relish with Sea Salt
- Fresh Pack Sweet Relish with Sea Salt
- Kosher Dill Spears
- Mini Stuffers Hamburger Dill Chips
- Mt. Olive Dill Pickles
- Mt. Olive Hamburger Dill Chips
- Mt. Olive Jalapeno Slices
- Mt. Olive Kosher Dill Sandwich Stuffers
- Mt. Olive Mild Banana Pepper Rings
- Mt. Olive Roasted Red Peppers
- Mt. Olive Sliced Pepperoncini
- Mt. Olive Sweet 'N Hot Salad Peppers
- Mt. Olive Sweet Pickles
- Mt. Olive Sweet Relish
- Mt. Olive Sweet Salad Cubes