1 ½ lbs Boneless Rib Roast (or steak of your choice)
2 tbsp Unsalted Butter
1 Red Bell Pepper, sliced (or substitute Mt. Olive Roasted Red Peppers if desired)
1 Green Bell Pepper, sliced
¼ cup Mt. Olive Pickled Vidalia Onion Strips
¼ cup Mt. Olive Sweet Heat Banana Pepper Rings
2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
2 cups Grated Provolone Cheese
4 Italian Sub Rolls
Salt and Pepper, as needed for seasoning
- Cut the rib roast against the grain into thin strips. Then chop the strips into bite sized pieces. Set it aside for later.
- Heat a pan over medium high heat. Add in the butter and allow it to melt. Then add in the red and green bell peppers. Season with salt and pepper and sauté the bell peppers until they are tender.
- Add in the Pickled Vidalia Onion Strips and Sweet Heat Banana Pepper Rings. Mix until combined then remove the vegetables from the heat.
- Pour the vegetable oil into a pan heated over medium high heat. Then add in the chopped rib roast. Season it with salt and pepper and cook until it is no longer pink. Add the vegetables into the pan and mix it together with the meat. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Slice each Italian sub roll in half, lengthwise. Place the rolls, cut side up, onto a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil. Spoon some of the meat and pepper mixture onto each roll then sprinkle some provolone cheese on top.
- Place the baking sheet under the broiler until the bread has toasted and the cheese has melted. Enjoy!
Ready in: 40
Course: Main Dish
Submit your review