Pickle Brined Fried Chicken Sandwiches
This dill-licious recipe was created and provided by Krista from DeSocio In The Kitchen! Follow along with her at https://desociointhekitchen.com Instagram: www.instagram.com/desocio_in_the_kitchen Interested in purchasing our 100% Kosher Dill Pickle Brine? Check out Pickle Juicers at our online shop!
For Chicken Brine:
6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
3 cups Kosher Dill Pickle Juice - Or try Mt. Olive Pickle Juicers!
3 cups buttermilk
For The Sandwiches:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup fresh parsley – chopped
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
10 cups peanut or canola oil for frying
6 brioche buns
4 tablespoons butter – divided
Mikes Hot Honey
Dill pickle slices
Ranch or blue cheese dressing
- In a large zip lock bag submerge the chicken thighs in dill pickle juice. Cover and refrigerate for at least 6 hours, or up to 18 hours.
- Drain pickle juice from the bag and rinse with cold water. Then add the buttermilk into the bag and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to 12 hours.
- When you are ready to fry the chicken, stir together the flour, fresh parsley, garlic powder, paprika and pepper, on a plate or large bowl. Remove the chicken from the buttermilk (allow excess to drain off), then dredge the chicken in the flour mixture, turning it to completely coat (shake off excess).
- In a Dutch oven or heavy pot, heat the oil to 345°F over high heat. Fry the chicken until it’s golden brown or it reaches an internal temperature of 165°F, about 6 to 8 minutes. Work in batches of 2 and adjust the heat as needed to maintain the temperature around 325°F. Using a slotted spoon remove the chicken from the oil and drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with salt as desired (I didn’t think it needed it).
- While the chicken rests, toast the buns. Heat a cast-iron skillet and melt the butter. Slice the buns in half horizontally. Smear the butter on the buns and place, butter side down, on the hot surface, working in batches if necessary. Toast until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Assemble with toppings of your choice and enjoy immediately!
Course: Main Dish
Submit your review