1 cup whole black peppercorns
Fresh thyme, rosemary, sage and dill -- roughly a handful of each
128 oz Mt Olive Pickle Juicers
128 oz filtered water
1 12-20lb turkey
4 stalks celery, cut into 3” pieces
1 onion, halved
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
Smoked paprika to taste
Pan drippings from turkey
3 ½ cups water, divided
¼ cup cornstarch
Fresh thyme, rosemary, sage and dill - a few sprigs of each, tied together with kitchen twine
Your favorite Mt. Olive Kosher Dill pickles!
- In a large stockpot, combine peppercorns, herbs, pickle juice and water, stir to combine. Add turkey and use a heavy pot lid to weigh it down and keep it submerged.
- Refrigerate overnight or up to 48 hours.
- Preheat oven to 450°F
- Remove turkey from brine and pat dry with paper towels. Season generously with pepper and paprika. Stuff bird with celery and onion pieces.
- Tuck turkey wings behind the back and tie legs together with kitchen twine.
- Place turkey in a roasting pan affixed with a rack. Place in oven and immediately lower temperature to 350°F.
- Roast turkey for roughly 13 minutes per pound, until an instant read thermometer indicates it is cooked through (165°F)
- Remove turkey from oven and let rest on a cutting board, covered with aluminum foil. While the turkey rests, make your gravy.
- Strain pan drippings through a fine mesh sieve and add to a stock pot over medium heat. Add 3 cups water and your bundle of fresh herbs. Bring to a boil and immediately reduce to a low simmer.
- In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and ½ cup cold water until smooth. Add to gravy and stir until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Serve turkey with gravy and enjoy! Garnish with your favorite Mt. Olive Kosher Dill pickles!
Course: Main Dish
Submit your review